Summer's Over...Almost



Well, I finally got around to posting something new on my blog. Always like to write novels here. Hmmm...maybe Denise and I can compete. Well it is the middle of August and summer is winding down. The last couple of days have been much cooler and that has been a relief because we haven't had to keep the fan running 24/7 in our house. Tonight we had Chase's aunt and uncle and their daughter come over and take a grand tour of the house. We had a good time showing them around the house. They really liked it. They just moved to smithfield into a Victorian home much like the one we are living in. So they wanted to come and compare. They were of course, captivated by it. It is just a unique home, it just has so much character. I really wish we could buy it. Maybe if I got a second job and my Mary Kay business took off and Chase got this new job and he took on a second job, well maybe then could we afford it.




I guess it is all about priorities. We are so used to living in Smithfield, we don't really want to move back to Logan. It is just so much quieter here, much like Clarkston and Newton but not clear out there in the boonies. When we lived in Logan, there was always neighbors noises we could hear and at night it seemed like the cop sirens were blaring all night long. We were down on the Island so maybe that is why. It is sad, it seems like that is becoming much the run down area of Logan. A lot of poor people live there as well as sketchy people. So anyways, we have been looking around Smitfield for a new place to move to. We looked at one just around the corner and we would stay in the same ward and everything. The price was a little too high for us. I guess we are counting on Chase's parents neighbors. Their mother just passed away recently and the house next door to them was hers and they don't really know what to do about the house yet and they offered to let us rent from them for a really cheap price. It would be nice because we would be in the same ward as Chase's parents and like two houses away from them as well.




And Tinkerbell would like having a big yard like she has been spoiled to having here. I really hope we can move into that house and not have to share walls with any people ever again! I just wish we were five or ten years down the road financially and we could just buy this home we are in. I've become so attached to it, being my Grandma's house all my life and coming to visit and play in the yard as a kid.




I am kindof saddened that I will not be attending USU this fall. I slacked off to much and now we just can't afford to go right now. I want to finish so bad and just be done with it. But now I know I am not going, I feel sad that I can't go out and buy school supplies or my textbooks or clothes. Chase isn't going to go either. We just both thought that we can't afford for either of us to go right now. We have too many bills and even if just one of us went, well that would be like 1/4-1/2 of our income less a month. I guess it is all about priorities again. Do we put food on the table and pay our bills, or go broke?



I took this picture outside our house last week and the sky was so beautiful and I just had to take this pic.



How about those Olympics? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them. I liked watching Michael Phelps win all of those medals, but I would have to say my favorite so far has been women's gymnastics. I have always liked watching that since I was little and I always wanted to be a gymnast. My mom never let me because she said it was dangerous and I was too tall to do gymnastics. No fair.




Here I am writing on my blog again at 3:30 am. Why cant I Sleep? Aarrgh! I lay down and I can't shut my mind off. I keep thinking about what I need to do like the dishes and laundry and oh I need to get online and make sure I don't miss the deadline for the Mary Kay fall catalogues for my customers...and the list goes on and on. Am I the only one that struggles with this issue at night? I would think that many women have a similar issue because we keep thinking about different things that need to be done and it is just so hard to relax and fall asleep.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hey Dawnie
Yeah the classes sick but I'm confident that it will be worth it in the end. Your house is so cute! We should get together sometime!

D,H,&E Cooper said...

Dawn,
It sounds like you have the same insomnia problems as Danny. I realize that you couldn't see my blog because I blocked it. Just send me an e-mail and I can add you to my list. I think that's how it works anyway. My e-mail is hollystreaker1@yahoo.com

Denise said...

Grandma's house is beautiful, it's a lot of maintenance though. If we ever get to buy a home, I'd want a new one, but to each their own right? I know what you mean about wishing you could buy notebooks and stuff for school. Every fall it's that way for me. How's working out going?