Poetry

I have had a hard past few weeks as some of you may know. But I have been on a journey of self-discovery. I have taken up things that I used to do and love. I am hesitant that I should post this poem I have written but I feel that I want people to know my thoughts right now. I have been writing in my journal my thoughts and my feelings. I feel that this is a good outlet for me.

Journey

Everything I do is for me
but is also for those around me
Every step backward I take
helps me to learn to take two steps forward
next time.

I am strong
I am brave
I am unique
I am beautifully clumsy me.

I may not have it all together
but I learn from my mistakes
Don't look back, look forward.
I have hope for the future.
The past is in the past.

I am blessed to be here on Earth
taking my journey beside my loved ones
hand-in-hand with my sweeetheart
I stumble....you pick me up.
Reaching for me to look up
into your pale blue eyes.
Your touch and gentle smile assures
me it is okay. Take my hand
and travel this path with me.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

I had no idea that you liked to write poetry. You and Denise should publish somethiing together

Denise said...

That was beautiful Dawn. I loved it. Keep writing. "The sun will come out tomorrow..."