Open Season




Well we got up at 5:30 yesterday morning and got ready to head out ot Newton for opening day of Dove Season. Why do you have to always get up so darn early to hunt? Well I was pretty excited Monday night and couldn't sleep because it was my first time officially hunting with my own gun and not just hiking along. Well I didn't actually have my own gun, I used Chase's 12 gauge and he used his grandpas.
We went with Trevor (Chase's brother) and his friend Jordan Walquist. Leilani (my sis in law) also came but didn't actually hunt. We ended up having a lot of fun. And the biggest suprise of all was that I actually shot one! It was so exciting and fun to be out there walking around and looking to shoot dove. Chase got five and Trevor got seven.
Today I am so sore and I also fell in a hole and twisted my ankle bad and it is so swollen and I can hardly walk on it. I am such a klutz. My mom thinks I should get it x-rayed but I don't know if it is broke or just sprained. Now I haven't been able to go out today or tonight to hunt. Chase went back out again tonight and got five more. So it seems like we'll be eating dove sometime soon. I also cleaned the dove that I shot. The weird thing is that if you would have said I'd be hunting five years ago, I would have laughed. I am also planning on going spike elk hunting this October with Chase. I hope one of us gets one because we need the meat for this winter coming up.
I didn't get any pictures of us because I forgot the camera and I doubt any of my boys would have posed for a pic anyways.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh man. My sister is hunting? Shooting animals! I cannot believe it! What can you do, right? I bet it was fun actually getting one. Did you clean it all by yourself or did Chase do that? I love you. Look for an email from me today!

Ericka said...

Watch out Darren...there's some competition in the family! I think it's awesome that you went with Chase and shot one too! It feels like its been forever since we've seen you guys...hopefully in the next few weeks we'll get a chance to get away! Happy birthday on Tuesday!