Christmas Tales and goals for the New Year



Well Christmas has come and gone and Chase and I had a wonderful year again with our families and each other. The Sunday before Christmas Chase and I went out to Clarkston to go to church and listen to the annual Christmas Cantada. It was so beautiful and spiritual. I always love going home to my home ward that I grew up in and seeing all of the people I know and talking with all of them.

Other highlights were on Christmas Eve, Chase and I went to his parents home and celebrated with them. We had a very yummy large dinner with ham and salads and Texas Roadhouse rolls (Thanks Lei). We made gingerbread houses and decorated them. Trev and Lei really wanted to do that just because they like to laugh at Chase and I trying to work together and arguing all the way while doing it. We each try to direct the other and think our own plan is the best. Trev and Lei made one together and then Zach and Bev, and Chase and I. I'm pretty sure that Trev and Lei's was the best one.
Next, we played The Beatles Rock Band. I loved it! I absolutely love the Beatles so I knew all of the songs and it was the funnest game ever.
We also opened presents from each other and we got spoiled. Chase's parents suprised us with a flat screen 32" TV. It was awesome. We had no idea. Now I will never get Chase away from the TV.

Chase and I also opened each other's presents while there. We got some fun things. I think I was more happy with what I got Chase than he was really. I suprised him with a Car CD player because the Galant he drives around doesn't have a CD player only a Tape player that doesn't play tapes just the radio. Oh well. I tried. I got some things for the house and that was nice.



On Christmas Day we slept in late and I got up and fixed pancakes and eggs (no bacon because it would make my hair stink, although I had some in the fridge) and gave Chase some nice breakfast. Then we got ready to go eat at My Grandparents house. We had ham and funeral potatoes and stuffed mushrooms and salads and homeade rolls and my grandmas best ever punch. Most of the cousins were there along with all of my brothers and sisters except Dan because he had to fly :( But Holly and the girls were there. We did get to see Dan on the 23rd though and sing some Christmas songs around the piano. We had a nice visit with everyone and opened gifts again from Grandma and Grandpa Clark. Darren and Ericka and the boys came down and it was so nice to see them because it had been a long time since we had seen them.

Later that afternoon we went to my parents house and visited and opened more gifts and was just able to be with one another. It is never boring at Mom and Dad's with all of the nieces and nephews. To see them just made my day. They were all so excited because it was Christmas and had fun new things to play with or wear. Justin even got a Ipod-lucky boy. Aparently Santa thought he was really good this year. He's even doing really awesome in school right now and middle school is tough. I can't believe my oldest Nephew is 12! Wow, I am getting old. I was his age when he was born, crazy!

Let's see. All in all it was a really nice Christmas and we are looking forward to the new year. We are hoping to have some changes in our life this year. We have some goals in mind we really want to get accomplished.

My/our goals for the New Year!:
1. Lose weight
2. Quit drinking pop. Period. I relapsed.
3. Get a 2 bedroom apartment with a yard for Tinkerbell.
4. Become more financially sound.

Our biggest and most personal goal this year together is:



I haven't posted about my new job because I didn't want to jinx it. But I do have a job-finally. I am working at TJ Maxx and I absolutely love it. It is so much fun and I love the people I work with. I am working part time right now but hope that they will eventually have me work more hours. I pretty much have done everything there. I cashier, put merchandise out, and work in the fitting rooms. I feel like I am learning quickly and the job is not too stressful for me.

Chase is still at CarQuest -3 years this past October. He still enjoys it. I have been encouraging him to maybe go to mechanic school and get ASE certified so that he can possibly do that as a career. But he still has his dream of becoming a Herpetologist. I guess we will see where the road leads us.

I've been wanting to go back to school and finish my degree lately. I hope that I can work that out soon so I can just get done and have my degree.

Have a Happy New Year. We are so thankful for our family and friends in our lives.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely post. It sounds like your Christmas was great fun. I also have the goal of quitting soda. I made it two days and then that evil voice in my head said I should have one last Coke tonight, New Year's Eve. So I did and that's that. I'm so glad to see 2009 go. Here's to a new decade! Love ya, Sis.

Ericka said...

I really enjoyed reading this Dawn. It was so good to see you guys and I wish we could have spent more time together! I love that you put your goals/resolutions up...I haven't really sat down yet and made mine for myself or with Darren. Hopefully we can see you soon again!

Design A-Peele said...

Thanks for visiting my giveaway over @ bonbon girls! If you would like anything from Stella & Dot I can get you discounted shipping! Just email me. Beth.peele@gmail.com. Have a great day:) Good luck on your job!

Jane said...

Hello, This is "Skye2006" from swapbot! mabuhay from Philippines.

visit my blog on postcards and places:
http://enajpostcards.blogspot.com

Margaret T said...

Hi Chase!

Hope you're working towards your year's goal...

Marge (GP) from swapbot... placed link at http://snailmailsurprise.blogspot.com/ already!

enjoy swapping!

Barkley's Mommy said...

Congatulations on getting a job you love! Good luck with your 2010 goals... I think going back to school to complete your degree should be at the top of your list. (I'm an educator. What can I say???)

~~~Anne
(aka BarkleysMommy @ Swap-Bot)

Anonymous said...

this is homekeepingheather from swap-bot - now following :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh my goodness. If I worked at TJ I wouldn't have any money left! I score such fab deals there. My Mom is even worse than me! Ah ha ha