Father's Day

Since Father's Day is coming up this weekend, I just wanted to post something about the fathers in our life-

I have the most wonderful Dad ever! He is always so willing to help Chase and I out when we need it, no questions asked. He is an example to us by serving others. He is a counselor in the Logan 60th singles ward and he is so good with the young single people there. I am proud of his accomplishments he has made in his life. He is so diligent in exercising. He has many medals and awards from running and cycling over the past 20 years or so. How many children can say that their dad did the Ironman in Hawaii? Or have ran like 15 marathons? And this is all after he was over 35. So many times when I have had a problem or was down, he offered to give me a blessing and every time I said yes, it always made things better. He is such a good man and worthy priesthood holder. To watch my mom and him together now all of the kids are out of the house, it is so cute! He is so sweet to my mother and takes care of her. I just can't say enough about my father, Dan Cooper. I love you daddy, Happy Father's Day!

Next, my other Father in my life is my father-in-law Ken Volkman. This man is such a great example to Chase and I. He always is concerned for the both of us and tries to do all that he can to help us out. This man is the hardest worker I have ever met. He works so much and so hard to provide for his family, he doesn't stop if he doesn't feel well or anything. We thank him for all that he has done for us there, by letting us work for him to earn some extra money. He is the best example of service in our lives. He will go out and help different people in the ward, just because. He will drop everything to help another. I am just so proud of him in all of his actions. He served in the military for many years and was a green beret. He served our country and we thank him for that. He is an outdoors man. He loves to hunt and has hunted bison, elk, moose, deer and wild turkey and many more I don't know about probably. I always feel spoiled and special at Chase's parents house because I am the only girl and I like it that way. But I will have to share once Zach and Trevor get married. We love you so much dad and Happy Father's Day!

Also wanted to mention our Grandfathers as well. Chase's Grandpa Denton is so much fun to be around. He can always make a funny joke to lift our spirits up. He works as a sealer in the temple and we think that is so neat that he is doing great service in the temple for others. He loves the Jazz and to hunt and spend time with his family. He is from Arkansas so he says a few words funny. He always tells us great stories of growing up on the farm in Arkansas and he also is a WWII veteran.

My Grandpa Clark is so special because he just radiates the spirit. He has had an amazing life and has definitely put in his fair share of service. About 20 years ago, he started the Martin Harris pageant and served as president for almost all of the years. He helps set up the stage every year to this day and pulls the set behind his tractor. He is so spiritual and always has a good story to tell. He loves to hunt deer and pheasants with his sons and grandsons. I have heard him share many stories from the railroad when he worked as an engineer. He is always more than willing to help his family in every obstacle they may face. We love him so much and hope that he lives to be 100! Happy Father's Day.

Grandpa Volkman lives in Nebraska and I have only met him a few times, but from what I know he has raised a good son. He is funny with the different comments he makes. His health isn't the greatest and gets around with a walker. His laugh is infectious and lights up the room. Chase said that he learned so much about working when he would go out to the farm to visit his grandparents growing up. He said that grandpa was always working on the farm and taught him a few things. We hope he is doing well and miss him so much. Happy Father's Day.

I just hope that we can all thank our fathers in our lives for all that they do for us. They sacrifice so much to make us happy and see that we are alright. Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Great post, Lou. I loved reading about all the fathers and grandfathers. I didn't know Chase's dad had been a green beret, that's really cool. Well, see you in a little while.

Ericka said...

I just found your blog via Denise. When did you start one? It will be so much easier to keep tabs on everyone this way. I loved the Fathers Day Post. If I wasn't such a slacker I would have written one to all the Fathers too.