Summertime

I can't believe that June is almost over! The weather has been so crazy this month. So our house has been up for sale 8 days now and it has been shown 6 of those 8 days, so I have to get my house clean and keep it clean while it is being shown. Chase and I really need to find an apartment soon. I just hate the thought of moving. It is hard work to move and so I guess I am procrastinating. Since we have Tinkerbell that makes it even harder to find a place that will accept pets and also I want the place to not be near a busy street and have a yard that she can go out and play in. She doesn't even use a litterbox anymore and goes to the bathroom outside so a yard with dirt would be lovely. My brother and sister-in-law are moving up to Pocatello after Ericka has her baby and I am really sad. I have been lucky to have all of my siblings living in Cache Valley and now I won't be as fortunate. It is good for them I am sure, but I am sad that I won't get to see them as much and Camden and the new baby. Chase is working hard for his dad and comes home late and exhausted. I feel bad that he works so hard for me and since I haven't been working much, I feel extremely guilty. I went to work today for a half day and it was good. It is just hard for me to not get anxiety about going back to work full time. The truth is that I don't want to work full time, I have liked being home as a housewife. I am hoping that I can go back to USU or BATC in the fall and hurry and get my degree done and then I can put Chase through school. He seems determined to do his dream and I can't seem to change his mind. He wants to become a herpetologist and own snakes and milk them for venom to sell anti-venom. I am terrified of snakes. So I am not sure how well this will work out. Maybe he will have to own a lab somewhere that has the snakes there and so we won't have any at our home. This last weekend we went camping up on my Grandpa Clarks land in Clarkston. We set up our tent and had tinfoil dinners and just had a great time just the two of us. We love camping and being outdoors. Chase also brought a few guns and we shot them. I shot his dad's 9 mm pistol and his brothers .44 cal revolver. They were pretty fun to shoot. Chase keeps wanting me to take hunter's ed so I can go and hunt with him. I want to do this but it is just finding the time. I guess we will see.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

Hey you! Don't stress too much, easier said than done, right? I keep telling myself to take one day at a time and that seems to help a little. Don't let yourself be overtaken by feelings of guilt you are doing great and things will get better. When we get all settled in Idaho then you guys will have to come stay with us sometime. Love you!!!

Denise said...

Hey girl. I was watching a thing on PBS about snakes and anti-venom and the crazy people who decide to do it for a living and I thought of Chase! I mean it's needed and they are finding all sorts of things that venom can do (like medication for Diabetes) but I would be scared if my husband wanted to do that for a living. I love you! Chin up.