Countdown to Jackson Hole

Okay so I think my last post may offend some people so I do apologize for that. Sometimes I rant and carry on and then when I go back and read it, I feel like I am being racist or something. That is not my intention at all. Since I didn't want that post to be at the top of my blog, I decided I better write a new one. So the countdown is now 7 days 22 hours and 39 minutes. Oh I am counting! While the 4th of July weekend was lovely and I got that day off, it wasn't really a vacation. I seemed to be cooking a bunch on Saturday for the Cruise-in parade party at CarQuest (Chase's work). We had a really good time on Saturday at CarQuest. Both of us had never been to the Cruise-in parade so we were really excited. The party was fun and we had some really good food and a prime spot in the shade for watching the parade. However, I think I'd rather just view the cars at the fairgrounds where I can more closely see each car and have wonderful food and snacks at the fairgrounds.

By the 3rd time around of all of the cars parading, I was more than ready to go home. The drive home took like 35 minutes when it should have taken like 15. The traffic was so awful. Those of you who know me, know the equation of me (traffic + tons of people+ road rage + my temper = not so good)! I wish I was more patient. That is one thing I feel I need to work on. On Friday Chase and I went to the Cruise-in with Dad and Mom Cooper which was really fun, but really hot! We got there around 1 pm and left at 4 pm. It was so hot. Chase didn't feel to well that day, but was a good sport and came along anyways. I am so grateful for a patient, wonderful husband! He puts up with so much with me and the different escapades I decide to go on. Do you remember that Janet Jackson song called Escapade? Geez that was a while ago, early nineties perhaps? I remember my sister having a tape of it and Gabby and I listening to it on the boombox in the backyard and dancing to it.

Oh to be a little kid again. No responsibilities, fun summers, playing all the time. Oh I miss it, but at the same time I don't. I guess I like the no responsibilities and fun no school/work summers. I guess that is why I am looking forward to Jackson Hole camping trip this year. I really think I could live up there year-round. I love the atmosphere there, it seems so much more laid back and I love the scenery and all that you can do there. The hiking, skiing, swimming, white-water rafting, SHOPPING, and the fabulous Yippi-O-Candy Co. store!

Tourism has greatly increased since I can first remember going there. It used to be a little known secret gem. It is close to Yellowstone park which is also a plus. That is really a sad thing of how many tourists there are there, I often wonder how many more years our family will keep going up there because of this. Although we camp about a half hour north of the city, even the camp ground is growing with numbers by leaps and bounds!

1 comment:

Brit said...

Hey Dawn! Don't feel bad about road rage, I completely avoid Logan during the cruise in. Hope you guys have fun on your trip!