Ode to the Toilet




Without further ado, I give to you a beautiful picture of this porcelain princess. Now don't you wish you had one of these puppies in your home? Eh? Now the toilets from our home were probably brand new in 1920. I am pretty sure of it. I was trying to find a picture that would closely match what our toilet looks like but to no avail.
Here I am again writing on my blog at 3 a.m. Yet another night of no sleep. What is wrong with me? I take plenty of medication that should make me sleepy, but I cannot sleep. Tonight was an adventure for us, to say the least. When I got home, we went down to Chase's parents home and had dinner with them and then went over and visited Grandpa and Grandma Denton. We got back home at 8:30 and the house was stinking from all of the dirty dishes. So alas, I had to give in and finally do them. While I was working on that chore for the evening, all of the suden I hear a scream and Chase comes darting out of the bathroom. Those of you familiar with my house the little bathroom is just off of the kitchen so Chase comes flying out of the bathroom like a bat out of hell. I ask him what is wrong and he says that the toilet overflowed and there is water spilling out all over the bathroom floor. Now I don't know if it is a man thing, but it seems like little brain is used in these situations. Chase immediately starts grabbing the paper towels just on the side of the sink and throwing them on the ground. He had almost gone through a hole role when I asked him what the heck he was thinking and that paper towels are expensive. I'm not sure what was going through his mind to make this smart action to battle all of the water on the floor of that bathroom, but he was freaking out about all of the water. I took off my dish gloves and dashed to get some towels to lay down on the floor to sop up all of the water. Men are wonderful but I just wonder what their thought process is from time to time.




Convienently at the same moment I am attempting to clean up the mess and have Chase help me, he decides that he has to go the bathroom right away and sneaks off to the other bathroom. I was so frustrated with him at that point, I was about ready to let him have it but I refrained and decided to focus on the positive things my husband does for me. I was busy all night and didn't get to sit down until 11:30 by the time I cleaned up the bathroom and did the dishes and went to the grocery store and then took a shower.




As I was thinking about this blog and a picture that suited this blog, I decided to look up toilets on Google to see what I could find (picture-wise) about toilets. I ran upon many websites dedicated to toilets and there are a bunch of strange wacky things on the websites. I thought to myself, "what kind of people have time on their hands to create a website particularly focusing on toilets?" Who are these people and what time do they have in their life to sit down and create a website with various pictures and stories regarding toilets? I found so much different information that I could write a report just about toilets.






2 comments:

Blake The Citizen said...

Toilet not working and no sleep is a bad combination!

Denise said...

Yuck! I couldn't handle it. I call Brig in for those types of things. Ava throws up and I'm like, I'll take off her clothes and hold her after she has a bath and you can clean up because I'll barf too if I have to. Well, it's not that bad anymore. I'm a little more used to it, but still.