Little Red and my Man



Well today was Chase's day off and he had a project to do. My little red needed new rotors, brake pads and axles. So Chase took on this project all on his own, with my own help here and there. So we got up and went to CarQuest to get the parts of course. We got a steal of a deal (obviously we would) because Chase gets the best discount for working there. Only now, he had to do the labor. The whole time while he was cussing and sweating over the job, he said it would have been worth the $300 labor to have a professional do it. He sure kept me laughing all day. It was so interesting watching him fix up our little red. I have memories of watching my dad out in the garage fixing our cars and him fixing up his 1967 Mustang from basically nothing to beautiful. Anyways, I had my doubts about Chase's capabilities but I shouldn't have. I was nervous the whole time that little red wouldn't get put back together again. It took us (well me watching and reading) and Chase sweating and working about 7 hours today, but we did it! I am so proud of Chase and am grateful that he can work on Cars and so we don't have to pay to have someone else fix it up. I have posted a pic of a suped up little red (ours doesn't look quite so hot) but thought you might enjoy the thoughts of driving this bad boy! I know you are so jealous.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Super Jealous! It's so funny because every time Brig works on our car I worry if he'll put it back together right. Way to go Chase and you of course! I try to stay away from Brig while he's working on the car because he inevitably asks me to help him and nothing gets me more annoyed that laying on the dirty cement under a dirty car bottom holding up a car part while Brig screws it on. But I'm a little less generous than you are. Did you find a storage unit?

Denise said...

P.S. Darn you for that cupcake on your blog! Now I'm going to have to make some tomorrow, with sprinkles!

Ericka said...

Go Chase! I am super impressed with anyone who can fix a car!